Monday, April 23, 2012

Need a weighted lap pad? Grab a pillowcase!

Here are instructions on how to make a quick and easy lap pad by using a pillowcase.

SUPPLIES
•    Thread
•    Two 2lb (32oz) bags of Polly Pellets – These can be found at Joann’s, Michaels or Walmart. Less expensive at Walmart.
•    Pillowcase
•    Funnel (Empty water bottle works!)
•    1/2 measuring cup
•    Thread
•    Sewing machine
•    Scissors
•    Ruler
•    Tailors chalk or fabric pencil.
 
DIRECTIONS
1.    Shorten pillow so it measures 21” long.
2.    Now sew a top stitch around the three sides. (Approximately 1/4” around edge)

3.    Using the tailors chalk(or pencil), draw vertical and horizontal lines with the columns being approximately 5 inches apart.
 

4.    Sew the material along the vertical lines only.
5.    Fill pocket by pocket on bottom row only of the horizontal row using a funnel. Fill each pocket with 1/2 cup of polly pellets. Do not overfill the squares as it will make it more difficult to sew the polly pellets in.
 

6.    Sew along the horizontal chalk line. Ensure that the pellets are below the line and away from the needle.
7.    Repeat steps 5 and 6 until you reach the last row.
8.    At the last row, sew the end under.
  

You’re done! Add some big buttons, Velcro or other fidgets to help keep their fingers busy. (optional)




4 comments:

  1. That looks amazingly easy! YAY!!! I have my friends sewing machine, so I'm going to give this a shot!!! I have a thrift store close, so I'm going to try several different "types" of pillow cases, to see which he likes best! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well done! Absolutely brilliant information. Thanks for sharing your wonderful post.

    I also love to used the lap blankets and I used the weighted lap blanket and its really helpful to help to sleep better. I bought my Weighted Lap Blanket from calming moments australia. There are awesome and fast service provider. Very cooperative on phone calls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Website. You should think more about RSS Feeds as a traffic source. They bring me a nice bit of traffic
    farmhouse curtains

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many entertaining stuff in your blog, especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your posts, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here! Keep up the excellent work.
    my site
    dig this
    i thought about this
    check this link right here now

    ReplyDelete